Monday, January 11, 2010

One week later

Well, it's been a week since my last post and I haven't been excommunicated yet. So that's a blessing, right? I did get a compliment about this new venture, from a dear friend who will remain nameless. I have guts, evidently, and not just the 20- ft-long kind. Which was unexpected and very nice to hear. On a weird note though, I spent most of the week questioning many of the choices I've made in the last 15 years. Still not regretting much, to be honest. There are a few skeletons in the back of my closet/brain and I wonder if some of them are just ready to jump out, bones a-clackin', ready to scare the crap out of me. But don't worry. I chained them up to a concrete block surrounded in ice and they don't have a match or a chainsaw. So I think they're safely stayed for now. I wonder how many other people spend their free time with the "What-Ifs" of the world. Or if they just forget it and get on with things, enjoying life and not sparing a second thought about the road they could have traveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backtalk, two cents, wisecracks and humble opinions welcome.