Monday, January 4, 2010

Don't Compare

It's taken me a bit to get this blog up, trying to decide what's cute, what format, layout, color, font, yada yada yada...Yeah, well, screw kitschy. It's up and running, and at almost midnight, that's all I care about. I was looking around at some other sites, blogs, etc.as I was looking for ideas and it hit me just how not-cute my little blog world is. I still don't have a kid who sits still so I can fix her gorgeous hair with the simply adorable bows that I handmade this morning so that I could take pictures on my (insert large amouts of $$$ here) camera, and then post it on my daily-updated blog with darling quotes and a show of how perfect my life is. I don't live in a high-rise with a closet full of Jimmy Choos, I can't come up with sassy, sarcastic or fresh outlooks, nor do I run a family farm with perfect rows of corn. Nope, I am flat-out in the middle of Ucon, with one red-headed kid, a husband who is gone. alot. A family very far away, one set of neighbors that speak to me and lots and lots of pets. I have a cheap digital camera, a PhotoShop program that I haven't quite figured out and a healthy dose of insomnia. Yet here I sit, telling myself not to compare. But when it's all around you, how can you not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backtalk, two cents, wisecracks and humble opinions welcome.