Monday, January 4, 2010

Here goes

     Welcome to my journalistic outlet. A place where I can express my own thoughts, not the ones I think you want to hear. A place where I can type what I want, when I want, without feeling guilty, judged or afraid that someone from church will read it and request that I receive a formal boot straight out of my Primary calling. 
    Please don't confuse that with my not having a firm testimony of the Gospel, because I do have a very strong faith. I am an active member and I love the Church. I tithe, I serve happily in my callings, I love the fact that my ward building is less than a half mile down the road from my house. I love that I am almost totally surrounded by other members, and live in a predominantly-LDS population. I have dreams of one day going through the Idaho Falls Temple, which is so close, and yet so very far away. But I've made many mistakes, most of which I am unapologetic for. It was in my making them that I realized that I'll never be the kind of girl who represents everything she's been taught. I just don't fit society's stereotype of a typical LDS mother. 
    I  have never served a mission, been married in the temple, or filled a variety of callings...Just Primary and a stint at Girls' Camp, and for that I am ever-thankful. I don't watch my mouth nearly as much as I should and I although I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, I do partake in caffeine. happily. daily. I never got my figure back post-baby, and therefore my walls are not adorned with the ever-popular, same-dress, eternal-posed family pictures. I don't have nor do I plan on having an abundance of well-behaved, model children. I never make it to RS and I am late to church almost every Sunday. I have one child whose hair is never in place and who fights nearly every week on wearing a dress and I count myself super-lucky when my husband shows up at all. I compare myself constantly to the women around me, although we are taught not to do so. And like every other woman, I chastise myself even when I probably shouldn't. So there we are. Happy reading and Consider yourself warned.

3 comments:

  1. Are you the same Chick I saw first of all at 1127 pm at Clatterbridge Hospital, Birkenhead on 10 October 1978?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing in the way that you do, and such a pleasure to read, I think can often times work against you. Although it might make you feel better at the time, it could be taken out of context by the malevolent in our midst, who live happily today, and used in your disfavour. Be careful what you say in the public domain Anna. Just take care when you blog little sweetie.
    With all my love XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Ho!
    Have been looking at your page again. The brown backdrop is not the Anna I remember. No, she was into the bright primary colours, blues,yellows,greens and reds, like spring. She especially liked the blues, it was the colour of her eyes I guess.
    01695633304

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk, two cents, wisecracks and humble opinions welcome.