Monday, February 15, 2010

Speak no evil

When do you say out loud the things that hurt you most? Do you suck it up and sit down, afraid to hurt someone's feelings? Or do you tell them that what they've done really hurt you, hurt your feel-bads? I didn't say anything, because I was afraid to hurt her feelings, so I said Thank you so much for helping me, and I walked away. And then I got in my car and cried all the way home about it. I hate that deep-down belief that it's okay for me to be hurt, as long as the other party walks away un-wounded. I mean, I really, really don't like that about myself. Now I know that we all have choices, etc. That's part of daily American verbage: You always have a choice. So I get that, and I get that the only way to stop the hurt would be to put on my big girl knickers and state my problem, air it out, let 'em know how I really feel, yada, yada, yada. But I didn't, I can't and I won't. And it's that part of me that I can't change, because of that damned deep rooted belief that I need to turn the other cheek and not say one word.

1 comment:

  1. What a talented writer you are!! (Among other amazing talents--) I thoroughly enjoyed these glimpses into your heart. And you're SO right--you SHOULDN'T be comparing yourself to other women. What about the idea of it takes all of the colors to make up the rainbow, or all of the crayons to complete the box, or whatever?? YOU are wonderful precisely because of your singularity! And I'm certain there's a healthy balance to be had with recognizing growth from challenges/decisions and humility. I'm equally certain you're not quite as far off the path as all that. I hope your weekend is a peace-filled, happy one. Take it!! Much love~ Janae Fuqua

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk, two cents, wisecracks and humble opinions welcome.